2019 Congress Scientific Award Guidelines
The World Congress Scientific Award is designed to highlight young talent in the Global Podiatry Community. The award is based on the scientific merit of applicants.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
Notification of Award Acceptance: June 10, 2019
To Be Eligible for A Scientific Award, An Individual Must:
- Submit at least one abstract as a presenting author.
- Be a student (Enrolled in a podiatry program or graduated in 2018.) or resident of a FIP-IFP Member Association. There are 28 National Associations of Podiatry represented by the FIP-IFP. If your country is a current member association you may register as a member. To know if your association is an active member, click here.
- If an applicant is not a member of one of the Societies, you will not be considered for these awards.
- A supporting letter must be submitted as a part of the award application. This letter must be signed by the applicant's President of the FIP-IFP Member Association. Authors will not be considered for an award if the required letter is not sent. The applicant MUST be the presenting author. No exceptions will be made.
- Attend the designated award presentation session scheduled during the FIP 2019 World Congress of Podiatry to receive the award.
Process for receiving The Award:
- Awardees will be selected from the pool of eligible applicants based upon the abstract's degree of excellence (top score), as determined by the Scientific Program Committee.
- Final selection of recipients will be approved by the International Federation of Podiatrists – Federation Internationale des Podologues (FIP-IFP).
- There will be one (1) award for a poster and one (1) award for an oral.
- The award for a poster will be identified and highlighted in the Final Program and onsite during the poster sessions.
- The award for an oral will be identified in a congress session either during a Medical Track or State-of-the-Art session
- In addition, each award recipient will be offered:
- Complimentary registration
- Recognition during the Opening Ceremony, plus a slide including your poster title and your photo
- Photo opportunity with the Congress Chair and FIP-IFP President,
The Awardee Must Attend the Congress in Order to Receive the Award and Recognition.